On completion of the barista course, the learner will be able to carry out the required tasks by a Professional Barista with competency in using the knowledge and skills acquired to explain Specialty coffee beverages, professionally prepare and serve barista quality Specialty coffee with Latte Art.
1) Describe, understand and recommend coffee/espresso-based beverages and the differences
2) Understand the difference between Coffee Blends, Single Origins, and Roast Intensities
3) How to Professionally set up, store your coffee beans and prepare your coffee work station and Mise-en Place
4) Master the art of coffee extraction with the variables of temperature, time, grind size, coffee-water ratio and agitation
5) Learn how to evaluate a coffee professionally via industry standard with qualities such as aroma, fragrance, acidity, flavour and body through the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) cupping form.
6) Learn how to taste and clearly note down distinct flavour nuances through use of the SCAA Flavour wheel.
7) Grind and brew specialty coffee perfectly through the espresso machine with the Specialty method of scales, time, barista industry tips and tricks and techniques such as the Salami technique
8) Prepare and serve perfectly extracted espresso, the fundamentals of any good coffee, and learn the different styles of pulling through Single Origins, Blends & Roast intensities
9) Prepare perfectly steamed microfoam milk for any milk-based espresso beverages such as flat-white, latte and cappuccino
10) Pour Basic Latte art & learn shadow-steaming (Pulling espresso shot and steaming with 2 milk wands at the same time)
11) How to maintain your Espresso machine and Coffee Grinder.
First-hand in-depth industry knowledge of basic concepts and theories about Specialty/barista coffee.
Hands-on practical activities with an Espresso machine's steam wand, portafilter, brew head, and hot water wand. Demonstrations and practical performance of brewing espresso, steaming perfect foam milk and pouring of latte art.
Who Should Attend?
All food and service personnel who are responsible for preparing barista coffee, anyone who has the passion to upgrade and work in the Food and Beverage industry, interested hobbyists and passionate home-to-be baristas! Suitable for Beginner-Advanced level brewers. Lesson will be tailor-made based on your needs, be it for those who are setting up their new cafe to those who are getting their first espresso machine. Avoid paying overpriced bad coffee at cafes and make professional specialty barista coffee in the comfort of your home today!
Our team consists of professional baristas, roasters and enthusiastic coffee technicians! It is easy and fun to make Specialty Barista coffee at home and we want you to master this art and enjoy the rest of your days at home with your loved ones with this jaw-dropping skill! With the right equipment, coffee beans, skills, teaching and knowledge, you will procure the expert skills needed to brew perfect tasting coffees. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with NO Obligations! We are happy to guide you along your coffee journey!
3 Hours. This course can be carried out at our Roast lab or yourCafe, Home, Office or Desired location if you wish. An attractive fee of $30 if you like us to conduct the class at your place, a small fee to cover transport, time and packing costs.
NETT Price. Full Course fee $150/pax. Bring a friend along and the second Pax will cost only $50 extra. (At least 1, Maximum 4 Participants for your own benefit)
Full cream milk, Specialty Cowpresso Espresso Coffee Blend, Equipment, Time & Labour for our Barista to set up and accommodate the lesson will be covered.